Monday, May 21, 2007

Greetings to all Blog Readers

Well, Shelly inspired me to introduce myself, also.

My name is Judie and I am the person who set up all the LLLI Conference Blogs. Believe it or not, I have never blogged before in my life! It was just never my thing - though I am starting to find that it is growing on me. :) To get started, I set up an experimental blog so that I could test all the features of Blogger. That helped me to write instructions to all the Conference bloggers, some of whom were also brand new to blogging, explaining to them how to sign in to their blogs and get started. It has been a lot of fun setting up the blogs and getting to know the bloggers. I hope everyone will read all the blogs and leave lots of comments. Bloggers love to know that people are reading!

I have been involved with La Leche League for 21 years. I started attending meetings in New Jersey while pregnant with my daughter, who just celebrated her 21st birthday! I also have a son who will be 19 next month. Both are home from college for a visit and I am very happy to have a full house again. :) When my daughter was 5 and my son was 3, we moved to Miami Beach, Florida, where we have lived ever since.

I became a Leader almost 14 years ago and have loved every minute of it. I lead a meeting in the Coral Gables/South Miami area with my new co-Leader, Tamara. I went to several LLLI International Conferences when my kids were much younger. We started running out of money for that sort of thing when the kids were in middle and high school, so I am very excited to be attending this year's Conference.

If you will be at the Conference, please stop by the Tech Room and say hi. I love meeting people. Even if you are not going to be at the Conference, be sure to take advantage of our Virtual Conference (linked on the right side of this page). We have lots of fun activities going on. I participated in the Virtual Conference in 2005 and loved every minute of it - podcasts, chats, and blogs.

Leave me a comment so I know you're reading. :)

SmiLLLes, Judie

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I'm reading!

Thanks so much to Judie for getting these blogs going. You jumped right in with both feet. :)