Monday, May 21, 2007

On a lazy Monday afternoon...

I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Shelly Stanley. I've been attending LLL meetings since I was pregnant with my oldest daughter in 1997 in Germany. My husband is in the U.S. Army, so we move around a lot. From Germany, we moved to South Carolina for a few months, then on to Washington state. It was in Washington that my 2nd and then 3rd children were born and also where I was accredited as a Leader. A few months later, we moved to Stanford, California. Then two years later we moved to West Point, New York. We are now gearing up for a move this summer to Springfield, Virginia (near D.C.)

Moving seems to be my eternal conference theme. In 2003, I attended my first International Conference in San Francisco just a month before we moved. In 2005, I attended the Conference in Washington, D.C. We were actually in the middle of our move. We had driven from California to D.C. and then after the conference we continued on up to NY. For the 2007 Conference, we will move to Virginia just a few weeks before I leave the family amidst boxes in our new home to fly to Chicago for a fabulous week.

I noticed at the 2003 Conference that the Technology Room looked like a fun place to be. So, in 2005 when I saw that they were looking for volunteers to help at the D.C. conference, I jumped at the opportunity. This year, I'm the point person for the Tech Room Team and I'm still having a good time. :) I hope you'll all stop by and visit us. We have a lot to offer this year!

~Shelly

1 comment:

MacMom said...

It's funny that you've always been moving around International Conference time. :)

Okay, although I am not definitely not having a lazy afternoon, you inspired me to introduce myself. :)