Thursday, July 19, 2007

Elevator Conversations

Hi - Karen Smith here posting because Deanna's so tired she can't quite see straight. :)

Yesterday I had an interesting conversation on the elevator at the hotel. If you don't know this already, the LLLI 2007 Conference is in a very large hotel. Big. Large. Super-sized. When we arrived earlier this week, there were several other groups meeting here, including a School Food Services group.

So I met a woman on the elevator, she asked what we were here for. I explained who we were, and she excitedly told me about her daughter who is still breastfeeding her 6 month old son. I then asked her what organization she was with, she told me she was with the school food services group. "Yeah," she said and smiled, "we feed a lot of kids."

"Yeah," I said as the doors began to close when she got off the elevator, "so do we, in our own way."

I heard her laugh for two more floors. :)

Karen Smith

1 comment:

Cathy said...

that is so perfect. how do you think so fast! HA.