Monday, July 16, 2007

See y'all soon!

I'm getting ready to power down and pack it up! Last minute checks to make sure all emails are answered and up to date reveal 5 requests for information about my Group and meetings. I'll answer quickly and route any remaining questions to my co-Leader and we are off. I'm heading out at 3:30 AM tomorrow and am planning to spend my evening with the ones that are staying behind.

In an interview with my older kids, ages 3-11, I asked what the best part of Mom being gone would be. The oldest said, "Cha-ching! I'm going to get paid for babysitting!" The 9 y/o said he is looking forward to lots of extra TV, computer, and video games. The 7 1/2 y/o is looking forward to having a babysitter who will bring her younger sister (Acacia's best friend), and little Cordelia gets to go to friends' homes a couple of days.

On the other hand, my husband is a little nervous. He wants everything written down and set for the week. He also isn't quite sure about Nikki and I traipsing cross country on our own. I think he is forgetting about when I went to school downtown at IIT, and not to mention that we spent our first year of marriage living 10 minutes from the loop.

While I am nervous about having the baby at the hotel, those left behind will have their own issues to deal with. I'll be happy as long as I come home to the same number of children I left behind!

See you TOMORROW!

-Deanna

2 comments:

Dr. Odin Jurkowski said...

If I were off of work it wouldn't be such a hectic week. But working 50 hrs from home and taking care of the kids and everything else is a lot. The older kids are much more independent. The hard part is prying them away from the computer. The youngest needs a lot more attention. I think we'll survive. But good thing it's only one week.

Deanna said...

I'm so glad I have a loving husband willing to let me follow my passion in working with mothers and babies!

-Deanna